One of the major barriers to the accelerated uptake of LNG as fuel is the uncertainty regarding LNG availability. Experience gained by DNV GL indicates that more shipowners would consider LNG as fuel if reliable LNG availability information was accessible.
LNGi, DNV GL’s new LNG intelligence portal aims to bring stakeholders from across the LNG industry together to share market intelligence and contribute to the uptake of LNG as a ship fuel.
DNV GL is collecting and assuring the quality of information regarding the development of infrastructure projects relevant to LNG bunkering for ships. The portal’s interactive map provides information about LNG bunkering opportunities around the world and also includes data on existing and planned infrastructure such as truck loading facilities, tank to ship bunkering options and LNG bunker vessels, as well as detailed information on the various port and infrastructure projects.
Statistics and further information on alternative fuels and emissions solutions, such as the uptake of scrubbers, give a broader overview of the most popular options to achieve compliance with environmental regulations. The Society of Gas as Marine Fuel (SGMF) will support LNGi by reviewing the data published in the portal and providing information about LNG bunkering projects.
Leading LNG suppliers and engine manufacturers including Shell, the Marine division of Rolls-Royce and MAN are some of the first companies to use LNGi.
Your benefits with LNGi
- Assess availability and attractiveness of LNG fuel for specific routes and newbuilds
- Save time and cost on mapping LNG availability yourself, while also improving quality of information
- Understand the current market development and evaluate the status of uptake of LNG fuel and competing technologies in your segment
- Get up-to-date information regarding potential LNG suppliers for specific projects
- Have an efficient source of information for business development and planning
All income generated by LNGi’s subscription fees will be invested into improving the portal and enhancing its services.